Give kids something to really look forward to in their lunchbox: Offer a Washington state apple that may look like a regular apple but bursts with a sweet grape-flavored crunch.
Grapple® brand apples combine the very best flavor attributes of two favorite fruits, apples and grapes, into one crunchy bite that kids love!
There aren’t many other healthy, natural products like Grapple® brand apples in the marketplace. Parents like them too, as they can give their kids a tasty snack that’s sweet and nutritious.
The health benefits of Grapple® brand apples are the same as for other apples. The process of making them does not add any extra sugar, calories, carbohydrates or anything else; in fact the apple maintains its natural supply of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Grapple® brand apples are a good source of fiber, have a low glycemic index and contain about 80 calories, depending on the size.
Grapple® Brand Apple Recipes
Crunchy Sliced Grapple®
- Core, cut and slice 2 Grapple® brand apples.
- Crush half a cup of your favorite cereal, like Chex™ or Rice Krispies®
- Mix 1 teaspoon of packed brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Spread the brown sugar and peanut butter onto Grapple® slices and roll in cereal.
- Core, quarter and cube a Grapple® brand apple.
- Slice some cheese into similarly sized cubes.
- Skewer the apples and cheese alternately on toothpicks, adding a raisin or other piece of dried fruit between layers. If packing for school lunches, dip the apples into a little lemon water first to keep them from turning brown.
You can easily dry your own apples without the use of any preservatives.
- Cut a Grapple® brand apple into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Dip apple slices into a bowl of lemon water or lemonade.
- Spread out on a metal rack and set into a warm oven (180 degrees) for two to three hours.
- Turn off the oven and let them cool, then enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container.
- Place a cored Grapple® brand apple in a buttered ramekin.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon into the center hole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
Grapple® Oven Pancakes - A Kid Favorite!
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 Grapple® brand apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a blender, mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar, and salt
- Put butter in baking dish and place dish in oven until butter is melted.
- Mix apple slices with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add to baking dish and roast in oven until butter sizzles. This can take about 5 minutes. Do not let apples brown.
- Remove baking dish from oven and pour batter over Grapple® apples.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes or until browned. Serve immediately.
Grapple® Apple Rings
- 4 medium unpeeled Grapple® brand apples, cored but left whole
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey. Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries and mix well. Fill centers of apples with peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cut filled Grapple® brand apples into 1/4-in. rings.
Makes about 2 dozen slices.